Join us on Facebook here
Monday-Thursday 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Friday 8:30 AM – 1:00 PM
How Do We Help?
When difficult circumstances arise, many people rely on relatives and friends for support. But for some parents, this is not an option. Safe Families for Children seeks to help parents in need get on their feet by providing short-term care for their children through volunteer host families. Families have sought care for their children for situations such as:
- domestic violence
- mental health crisis
Some parents call us directly while others work with existing case workers to arrange care for their children. We work quickly to match children with volunteer host families who provide loving homes for temporary placement of the children. During the placement, family coaches come alongside parents to offer support and mentorship to reach goals that will help parents bring their children home to a more stable situation.
- Parents maintain full custody and voluntarily place their children in Safe Families for Children’s care. Parents can request the return of their children at any time.
- Volunteer host families are extensively screened, trained, and approved with background checks, references, and home evaluations completed by a local licensed child placing agency.
- Children ages 0-18 are eligible for placement.
- Length of stay may range from a couple of days to a year.
- Safe Families for Children is committed to reuniting parents and children as soon as possible.